Thought for the Day

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My New Ride

As you probably know, I'll be riding in the Phoenix Tour de Cure on March 13. (That's my birthday. It's not too late to donate if you're wondering what to get me.) The big question leading up to this ride has been what bike I would be on. The Kestrel Airfoil I rode last year went back to Triabetes, where you can buy it now if you want a bargain on a fantastic bike. Since I gave that one up, I have not been on another bike.
But on Saturday, I went to TriFest with my brother, Jon, and met up with Peter Nerothin and Kevin Burgess, Triabetes Teammates who had set up the Triabetes tent there. I wanted to help out Triabetes a little, but mostly, I wanted to see what was shaking at TriFest, and possibly get a deal on a bike.
Well, I got a great deal on a 2009 Kestrel Evoke. It felt good during the fitting, but I haven't had a chance to ride it outside yet. The metric century Tour de Cure may be my first ride on that bike. I know that's not the wisest thing to do, but it's about par for me. That just seems to be the way I do things.
It should be a blast, riding with hundreds of Red Riders and people concerned about diabetes. This is actually a great time and place for a shakedown cruise. There will be all kinds of support for me and my bike out there, and the forecast is for beautiful weather.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger