Thought for the Day

Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm back

Hello. I'm back, at least for one blog post.
I have moved from Chandler, AZ to Simi Valley, CA. Simi Valley is hills and trails, awesome running territory.
I'm totally out of shape, but I did this run last Saturday.
What else is new? There's a new No Sugar Added Poetry Book coming out from the Diabetes Hands Foundation, and it looks like I'll have a couple of poems in it, both about death and diabetes. Inspiring, I know.
Here are a couple of other things I wrote recently, after poetry was collected for the book.

Blue Candles

I thought about buying blue candles
In symbolic support for the dead
But I would hope never to light one
That they'd melt in a drawer instead.

my eyes

I hate what you see in my eyes
I know you only know because you love me
Please, when I come around
I mean me
not the me with barren, hungry blood
not the angry, resentful me

I hate that you see it in my eyes
before I know myself
I hate that you learned to notice
please when I come around
forgive me.

If someone can get grouchy
missing a meal
what happens when the brain is starving?

I know, because I've felt it
You know, because you've seen it
Please forgive me
I hate what you see in my eyes

That's all for today. I have at least a couple other blog posts half-written, but you know how it goes with this.

.

1 comment:

Scully said...

no matter what, I'm just glad to see you "around". and for the record, your poems in the first book are my favs from the rest.

Powered By Blogger