Thought for the Day

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Approaching 50

On March 13, 2009, I will be 50, half a century old. Purely by coincidence, I'm also approaching another milestone. I have run 47 marathons and ultramarathons. I could end up with 55 by my 50th birthday.
Here are some of the events that could get me there:

1/18/09 Rock 'N' Roll AZ Marathon - free because I run it as a pace group leader

1/24/09 Diamond Valley Lake Marathon
1/25/09 Carlsbad Marathon - raising money for Insulindependence

1/31/09 Desert Classic Marathon - $45

2/7/09 Sedona Marathon

2/14/09 Pemberton Trail 50K - $50
2/15/09 Lost Dutchman Marathon - $55

3/7/09 Old Pueblo 50 Mile

A couple of those events will probably drop off of my schedule. I'm not really committed to running the Diamond Valley Lake Marathon, for instance.
(You might notice my preference for events within driving distance and with low registration fees. I'm trying to maintain my serious endurance racing habit on a tight budget.)
Those are marathons AND ultras, though. However many of those events I run, I will make sure I still have only 49 total 26.2 mile marathons, because I want the Ironman Arizona finish in November to be my 50th marathon. That will not be a coincidence.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger